Elie Saab: Spring 2013 Couture Collection

Saturday, January 26, 2013

How does this man keep on launching one great collection after the other? My friends will tell you how obsessed I am with Elie Saab's designs. He is one of my favorite designers. Every single collection of his, to date has not failed to impress me. I am left speechless every time I view anything his designs. Yes, I tend to walk in slow motion while passing by the Elie Saab boutique in Dubai Mall. Yes, I tried on an Elie Saab gown and didn't want to get out of it.

If I had two designers that I could pick to fill my wardrobe with, it would undoubtedly be Giorgio Armani and Elie Saab (can I also get Valentino?). Having said that, Elie Saab's Spring 2013 Couture collection is fit for royalty as has his previous collections.

I can describe this collection in one word: stellar. Saab presents his signature crystal beading, embroidery, lace, chiffon and luxurious flowing gowns in a palette of pastels, reds and blacks. He makes the designs look incredibly effortless and ethereal...each piece exudes a potent magic of it's own. Something that really stood out of Elie Saab's material make up was the inclusion of the baroque print. I've never been favorable towards this print ever since it hit the runway last year (remember D&G?) but Saab has incorporated minor slices of the print making it...well, a little bearable. But given a chance, I wouldn't go for any piece that features this print because it's just too overwhelming and bold for me.

Here are my favorites from the exceptionally beautiful Spring 2013 Couture collection. I WANT THEM ALL.


As much as I love Elie Saab, the show stopper (below) in my opinion was a major disappointment. This is something I'd expect Lady Gaga to wear. At least, last year's show stopper was gorgeous


So there you have it. Which one's your favorite?

Post a Comment